[New on scene] Kim Chang
简介It’s rare for a rookie director like Kim Chang-hoon, whose debut action noir “Hopeless” hits local t ...
It’s rare for a rookie director like Kim Chang-hoon, whose debut action noir “Hopeless” hits local theaters this week, to be invited to the Cannes International Film Festival.
“(The festival took place in) a foreign country so I couldn’t really understand the feedback (I received). But just last week in Busan, I was able to meet with local audiences and hear their responses and communicate with them,” Kim told The Korea Herald in an interview in Seoul on Tuesday.
Kim and the actors from “Hopeless” attended the Busan International Film Festival which kicked off last Thursday for the Korean premiere of the film and for open talk sessions.
As the screenwriter and director of “Hopeless,” a film revolving around Yeo-kyu (Hong Sa-bin), a teenager abused by his stepfather, and his encounter with the right-hand man of a gang boss, Chi-gun (Song Joong-ki), Kim said he thought deeply about how the decisions one makes have consequences.
“When I was working on the scenario of ‘Hopeless,’ I was in a financially and mentally difficult situation. I thought about how you reap what you sow,” he said.
“I took on so many part time jobs to make ends meet while preparing for this film. I can’t even list them all because I did so many. I worked at a motel during the day and worked on my scenario while all the guests were asleep at night. Of course, it was a really difficult time, but I really appreciate it because I was able to write ‘Hopeless’ there,” he added.
장예찬 국민의힘 청년최고위원. 뉴스1장예찬 국민의힘 청년최고위원은 3일 더불어민주당 이상민 의원이 민주당을 탈당하며 ‘이재명 사당’, ‘개딸(개혁의 딸)당으로 변질’ 등을 언급한 ...
Samsung Electronics predicted Wednesday that its operating profits in the July-September period woul ...
Arsonist onboardOn Feb. 18, 2003, Daegu metro train no. 1079 pulled into Songhyeon Station at around ...
- Minho of SHINee to hold first solo fan concert in January
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- [HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
[Global Finance Awards] Shinhan chief makes big ESG push
Dawn begins mandatory military service
[HIT Forum] 'Korea ready to become aerospace powerhouse'
[HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
[KH Explains] KG Mobility looks to turn to annual profit for 1st time in 7 years
- From horror to romance, November is new battlefield for local films
- BAT design chief stresses responsible design
- Yoon regards illegal stock short selling serious 'malady': presidential office
- CJ debuts K
- Over 90 pct of cattle vaccinated against lumpy skin disease
- Zerobaseone reaches 'Melting Point' with 2nd EP
- Fugitive caught 3 days after escape from hospital
- Breaking silence over drug allegations, G
- [Today’s K
- S. Korean family returns home after fleeing Gaza via Egypt
- Han Kang's 'I Do Not Bid Farewell' shortlisted for two French literary awards
- Special brochure brings together Korean
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- [Busan Is Ready] S. Korea to expand ODA initiatives to promote Busan Expo
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- [Herald Interview] Hyundai Motor takes step
- [Herald Interview] Chung Ji
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- [Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- [Herald Review] Up
- Posco faces first
- 尹 “연금안 맹탕? 근거·합의 없이 숫자로만 결론 낼 수 없다”
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- Man booked for possession of machete ahead of Halloween
- Over half of Koreans say they won't continue jesa: survey
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- Taemin of SHINee returns solo with 4th EP ‘Guilty’
- [Subway Stories] Traditional medicine's healing legacy lives on at Jegi