Seoul offers 10,000 sets of portable SOS emergency bell ‘Zikimi’
简介The Seoul Metropolitan Government announced Tuesday that it will distribute a portable SOS emergency ...
The Seoul Metropolitan Government announced Tuesday that it will distribute a portable SOS emergency bell called “Zikimi” as part of a campaign to relieve citizen’s anxiety caused by a series of violent crimes.
Each emergency bell set contains a safety alarm and will be given first to 10,000 victims of crimes such as sexual and domestic violence, as well as stalking.
Once the bell is activated, it sends out a warning alert that can call for help around the area and an emergency text message containing location information is immediately sent to up to five pre-set acquaintances by the user. The warning alert is possible with a silent function as well. It is also equipped with an automatic police reporting system that alerts the police 20 seconds after the device is activated.
A safety alarm (which is a set with an emergency bell) is a device that makes a strong warning sound when the user pulls on the hook. As it can inform the surroundings of an emergency situation, it can dampen the perpetrator’s willingness to commit a crime.
The city is currently selecting a supplier of emergency bells and alarms. In accordance with the detailed standards of issue being prepared with Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, it will be provided from the end of next month through police services.
“We will spare no support and efforts for the safety of Seoul citizens,” Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon said. Oh said he would continue to strengthen safety measures for people vulnerable to crime including women.
Meanwhile, the city is pushing for various projects to improve security in everyday life, including a safety application that provides a safe return home service and the expansion of security camera coverage.
JAKARTA, Indonesia -- Over three decades have passed since South Korea embarked on the construction ...
All South Korean residents with disabilities will have their health condition monitored and checked ...
LONDON (AP) — King Charles III hosted South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol and his wife at a glitter ...
- 'Sweet Home 2' returns with new characters, sophisticated monsters
- Man arrested for stabbing restaurant owner in Paju
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- Priciest elite private high school costs over W30m a year
- Leeum Museum to restore Korean artifacts from overseas institutions
- [Today’s K
Spicing up the world: Samyang’s Buldak series makes global waves
김영진, 원희룡 인천 계양을 출마설에 “이재명과 맞대결 환영”
LG Chem boosts diverse ESG campaigns
North notifies of satellite launch amid concerns
[Hello Indonesia] Indonesian developer aims to build self
Child kills man with stone, sparking debate over legal immunity of children
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- [HIT Forum] High schooler shares his space dream
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- [Today’s K
- 尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- Dawn begins mandatory military service
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
- 北 "우간다 이어 홍콩 영사관 폐쇄"…재외공관 철수 행렬 왜
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
- Olympic medalist ‘tricked’ by fiance
- Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- Hyundai Mobis Q3 net jumps 78% on sales growth of key components
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- LG Electronics to bolster local strategies, B2B push to widen gap with Chinese rivals
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- 윤 대통령, 4박 6일 사우디·카타르 순방 마치고 귀국
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- [Photo News] Commemoration for Itaewon tragedy in Gwangju
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"