Choo calls for end to protectionism, supply chain recovery during G20 meeting
简介MARRAKESH, Morocco -- South Korea's finance minister called Saturday for concerted internationa ...
MARRAKESH, Morocco -- South Korea's finance minister called Saturday for concerted international efforts to end protectionism and recover supply chains to address economic challenges stemming from Russia's protracted war in Ukraine, COVID-19 and other factors.
Finance Minister Choo Kyung-ho made the call during the two-day G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting held in Marrakesh, Morocco, which ended Friday, according to the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
Choo called for the end of the ongoing war in Ukraine, and highlighted the need for the G20 member countries to discuss measures to stabilize global supply chains.
The finance minister also stressed the need to take preemptive measures to restore financial stability in light of growing uncertainties from global monetary tightening and the strong U.S. dollar, the ministry said.
Choo also underscored the need to secure fiscal soundness and actively pursue regulatory innovation and structural reform for the recovery of growth momentum as well.
The G20 members, meanwhile, adopted their first communique since Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February last year. They expressed concerns over the war as it can have "significant consequences for the global economy."
"In this context, emphasizing the importance of sustaining food and energy security, we called for the cessation of military destruction or other attacks on relevant infrastructure," the communique read.
"We also expressed deep concern about the adverse impact that conflicts have on the security of civilians thereby exacerbating existing socio-economic fragilities and vulnerabilities and hindering an effective humanitarian response," it added. (Yonhap)
Works by filmmakers from Korea and Association of Southeast Asian Nations member countries will be s ...
The nuclear-powered USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier will arrive at a key South Korean naval base ...
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and Russian President Vladimir Putin have pledged to move relations ...
- Ilyon Woo's nonfiction lands on NYT's 10 best books of 2023
- Appeals court upholds 40
- First lady meets with Korean women residing in Japan
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Former divas return as Golden Girls
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
[HIT Forum]Space forum sees opportunities beyond our 'pale blue dot'
First lady meets with Korean women residing in Japan
Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
Leeum Museum to restore Korean artifacts from overseas institutions
Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- Korea’s parental leave benefits lag behind OECD average
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- [Herald Interview] Jung Soo
- Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
- Yoon donates W5m toward construction of memorial for ex
- HDC to spur digital innovation for efficiency, safety
- Subway car seats to be removed in two subway cars for more space: Seoul Metro
- LG, Hyundai, YouTube team up for in
- In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- Rental fraudster’s ‘luxury life’ sparks anger
- ‘北 정찰위성 3차 발사’ 질문에 美 국방부 “계속 모니터링”
- [Korean History] Bodies of two infants discovered in freezer in Seoul's Seorae Village
- Posco secures W6tr supply deal from Lotte Energy Materials
- Weeekly invites listeners to enter universe where dreams come true
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- Dreamcatcher to present new album 'VillanS' on Nov. 22
- Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors
- Halloween weekend sees 65 police calls
- Kakao taxi
- SK chief calls on board members to help CEOs make balanced decisions
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- Jungkook ties record for most Billboard Hot 100 hits as K