S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
简介South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of ...
South Korea logged a current account surplus for the fourth straight month in August on the back of a widened trade surplus and increased interest income from overseas, central bank data showed Wednesday.
The country's current account surplus reached $4.81 billion in August, following the surplus of $3.74 billion the previous month, according to preliminary data from the Bank of Korea.
August's surplus came as the country's trade balance has remained in the black for five straight months and interest income has increased.
The country's goods account racked up a $5.06 billion surplus in August, following a $4.44 billion surplus the previous month.
The primary income account, which tracks the wages of foreign workers and dividend payments from overseas and interest income, reported a surplus of $1.47 billion in August, following a $2.92 billion surplus in July, the data showed.
But the services account suffered an extended loss in August, reaching $1.6 billion, the data showed. (Yonhap)
Seoul shares opened higher Monday amid increasing hopes the US Federal Reserve is set to end its rat ...
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and Russian President Vladimir Putin have pledged to move relations ...
The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival, which launched Friday, runs until Oct. 15 at Seoul Noryangji ...
북·러 또 무기거래? "나진항에 석달새 대형선박 18척 드나들어”
윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
[Busan Is Ready] Busan Expo strives to present climate change solutions
문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
S. Korea keeping close tabs on reported repatriation of N.K. defectors from China: minister
- "식량만 달라" NLL 표류하던 北선박, 어젯밤 北이 끌고 갔다
- Hybe artists could be returning to MBC
- Major retailer recalls over 50,000 pairs of shower shoes due to chemical hazard
- Police slap travel ban on suspected con artist, ex
- [Herald Review] Up
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- [Herald Interview] Pleasantly surprised
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- LG, Hyundai join forces to advance robot
- CJ’s Korean
- Seoul shares up for 3rd session on Fed's rate freeze
- Actor Lee Sun
- [New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
- Man wins W1.4b, putting to bed legal battle surrounding wife’s death
- 8 in 10 favor removing mandatory camera shutter sound: survey
- Bedbug fear spreads across Seoul
- Over 84% of cattle got vaccines against lumpy skin disease
- Hyundai, Kia report robust EV US sales, shrug off impact of IRA
- More mosquitoes in Seoul this fall: report
- Gimjang tours make kimchi
- Hana Bank to offer W100b in support for small business owners
- From artisan to 'foreign laborer:' a French craftsman's take on Korea's construction scene
- Unauthorized AI
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland
- "I am..." meme latest to go viral in bizarre saga surrounding fencing star
- [Herald Review] ‘Iron Mask,’ a rare kendo film filled with wordless yet powerful scenes
- Tving’s ‘High School Mystery Club’ to return with season 3
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- 5 S. Koreans from Gaza arrived in Egypt via Rafah border: ministry
- [New in Korean] Millionaire dog sponsors human artist in Yun Ko